An Epic Saga Part 2

So the last time I talked about Saga, it was really just raving about the book in general.  From a collecting perspective, there are a couple of things out there for those who just love the book the way that I do.  In addition to slabbed copies of the regular issue, there are a few "Retailer Incentive" issues available.  These issues were specially given out to Diamond (distributor) retailers at a national convention over a couple of years.  These freebies are typically worth significant money to collectors, and often provide a small boon for the smaller local comic shops which allow them to travel to these conventions (and often make a small amount of money off the conventions.)

I'm all for these retailer incentives as a way of supporting the industry.  I love the idea of local comic shops just the same way that I love local card shops.  Although the internet age gave rise to big box industry at the click of a mouse, there is just something to be said for supporting the little guy.  I feel like these "RRP" issues reflect that notion to me.  In addition, they just happen to be a lot more expensive than their sister newsstand issues because so many fewer of the copies exist.  In any case, the issues that I have like this are #1 and #19.
Saga #19 RRP

Saga #1 RRP

Comments

Popular Posts