Lazarus Forever Part 2

So I know that I told you I really liked this book, and it's true.  In fact, it's so true that I broke outside my normal collecting mode and decided to invest in something other than slabbed comic books.  The only other comic property that I really collect non-comics would be Saga, and with all the art being digital, that collection is just limited signed and number giclee prints.  For the unindoctrinated, giclee prints are high quality laser prints that are often produced on nicer stock, so that they can charge you an arm and a leg for a printed piece of paper with a signature scribbled on it.  In terms of Saga, I was so hard up for something, I just settled.

For Lazarus, you can get something better.  A lot better.  Like the original art pages as drawn and before inking and lettering.  Like the original comic art that the book was produced by.  How awesome is that?  Not only can you be a fan, but you can have the original production that was used in the creation of the book you love to read.  A quick primer on original comic art: Covers are pricey, splash pages (two inner pages that form one large page together as they open opposite each other) are generally spendy, and the more action going on in the page scenes, the more expensive.  For example, if you wanted a panel of The Walking Dead, you'd better prepare to sacrifice a limb for a page full of zombie battles and kills.  Pun fulling intended.

I decided to get the first appearance of one of my most liked new characters.  His name is Zmey, and without giving too many spoilers, he is a badass.  I decided on the book I wanted (Zmey first appearance) and was able to select the very page where he makes his first appearance in print.  How awesome is that?

Comments

Popular Posts