The Black Lotus Part 2

I went with a Christopher Rush signed lotus for several reasons.  Mainly, I had no intention of ever playing with the card, so I didn't really care if it was signed or not.  Secondly, since he has passed away and was a beloved artist, I feel like this really completes the "collector" aspect of the card for me.



Thirdly, and most importantly, I met Mr. Rush when I was a child.  I grew up in Seattle and played Magic cards when I was young.  I distinctly remember going to a signing at a store and having him sign for me a bunch of cards.  I still have several of the Mana Flares that he signed for me, as well as several forks and some other random cards signed by Amy Weber.  Fond memories of my youth.  And even though someone else had this Lotus signed, it'll always be part of my personal collection.  For the life of me, though, I can't figure out how the autograph only got a 9 grade!



Comments

Popular Posts