I'm a Sucker for Acetate Reprints - Part 1


One of the funny things about the collecting (and business) world is that when someone finds a recipe for success, that often becomes repeated ad nauseam without as much as a second thought.  I think this is a dichotomy because people like what they like, but then again, without innovation, how could we know what else could be out there?  Happily, acetate rookie reprint autographs are something that I happen to love.  And guess what?  Topps is really, really good at making them.


I know that many people have seen my 2017 Clearly Authentic Reprint Set, which I love, but it didn't have a couple of the players that I really wanted.  Mainly Junior Griffey (Please Topps, bring him to the next Transcendent VIP Party!) and Willie Mays.  I had to have rookie reprint autographs of them both.  I do now, thanks to Tier One.  I really love this 1989 Topps Traded card, its funky back and all.  The clear acetate rookie autograph is just so sweet.  Lets just hope they hold up well and don't fade over time.


Comments

Popular Posts