The Deadliest Catch


I don't watch a ton of television.  In fact, I hardly watch any television at all, but I did love some of the reality shows that featured things I always thought were awesome.  Like crabbing and deep sea fishing in rough seas.  I loved the Deadliest catch, and was thrilled when Sig Hansen got a card in Allen and Ginter in 2010.  Initially, this was a redemption card for a framed memorabilia card, but lo and behold, the best redemption replacement of all time, an on-card Sig Hansen autograph!


Sadly, Captain Phil Harris passed away soon after I got this signed dual autograph 8x10 of him and captain Sig.  I guess he had a stroke or something.  It was featured on the show, and I just felt so ridiculously bad for his family and him.  It really turned me off to television.  I didn't want to see into their private business.  I wanted dignity and privacy for the family.  I was ashamed to be watching the events leading to his death on television.  And that's one of the reasons I basically don't watch much, if any, television any more.  I kept the 8x10 because I never wanted to be the guy to monetize someone's death or misfortune, and its a great reminder of what actually matters in life.

Comments

Popular Posts