Jeopardy!

Alex Trebek, despite being Canadian, is a national treasure.  He's anchored the unabashedly best game show on television since before I could utter my first question.  Lately, there has been several media darlings to emerge from relative obscurity through long runs on the show.  One of them, Ken Jennings, wrote a fantastically entertaining book and has recently collaborated with another icon, Richard Garfield (creator of Magic: The Gathering) to make a pretty darn fun game.  I crowd-funded it on Kickstarter.  I got a copy of Ken's book for free.  I read it while I had some downtime at work during the Coronavirus slowly.  +1 Like.


Luckily, some of these celebrities have gotten immortalized in cards.  I really particularly like James Holzhauer because he's related to one of my favorite personalities on the NPR Podcast "Planet Money."  Also, happens to be the only podcast I listen to.  I'm no economist, but its incredibly interesting and engaging journalism.  +1 Like.  He is also an expert gambler and lends some commentary to the show from time to time.



The only thing left is to get Alex Trebek to sign for something like Allen & Ginter.  He's battling metastatic pancreatic cancer, and I fear that we don't have all that long to appreciate his greatness.  It may seem trivial to some, but I do feel he is absolutely deserving of inclusion into Ginter or Goodwin.  Who is the greatest television gameshow host of all time?


Comments

Popular Posts