Clearly Beautiful Part 2

Readers of the blog will know that I love clear acetate cards, especially rookie reprints with on card autographs.  The last couple of years, Topps has done a series of "Reimagined" cards, starting with 1952 cards in the 2019 Clearly Authentic product and 1953 cards in the 2020 Clearly Authentic product.  These look tremendous, in my opinion.  None of these players in the sets were playing in those years, and most of them were not even alive yet.  But the designs are classic and timeless.  And the cards look fantastic.  And they have on-card autographs.  +1 Like!


The set has some super short prints, like Koufax, Jeter, and Trout.  I may never end up putting the whole thing together, but it is certainly fun having these cards in my collection.  My only concern, the same as with all acetate autographs, is the long term viability of the card and the ink.  I guess it remains to be seen.

Comments

Popular Posts