Why Do Acetate Cards Look So Good?

 I'm not sure what it is about acetate cards, but they really strike my fancy.  One of the hardest parts about the cards is that the surface is so easily scratched that they often don't grade out.  One notable exception is the acetate 2018 Update Acuna rookie card, which has a few PSA 10's and a BGS 10.  The other problem is that nobody is really sure how well autographs will hold up on the acetate technology over time.  I consider myself primarily an autograph collector, but am really drawn to the aesthetics of the cards.  Therein lies a big conundrum.



I really like clearly authentic, the newish annual release from Topps, for this reason.  They have done a fantastic job doing reimaginations of classic designs as well as clear versions of current releases.  I really like the throwbacks as well, as I'm sure you can tell from some of my older posts.  This is the only sportscard product that I have bought just to break over the past couple of years, as I have moved away from breaking product and more investing in sealed products and singles.



Comments

Popular Posts