An Intro To Comics

So, in addition to collecting sports and non-sports cards, I collect other things.  I appreciate things where appreciation is due, and this includes other works of art like Comic Books.  As an aside, I don't really collect stamps or coins (other than bullion precious metals...  for another reason), so I don't complete the "collectors quad-fecta."  But I don't just collect comics, I enjoy reading them too.
Amazing Spider-Man #129 - First appearance of The Punisher, also happens to be a Mark Jeweler's Insert copy, which was likely distributed on or around US Military Bases (either here or abroad).  Uncommon variation.

It's not just the mainstream Spider-Man and Batman and Superman that appeal to me.  I actually don't really like a lot of the stuff that Marvel and D.C. put out in print, even though I think most of their movie properties and television properties are really amazing.  I tend to gravitate a little more towards independent properties and newer, fresher stories.  Specifically, I really like many of the works put out by Image Comics.  That isn't to say that I don't like some older classic comics.  In fact, I really like The Punisher as well as Daredevil.  It doesn't hurt that the new Daredevil and Punisher series on Netflix have been amazing.  Maybe it outweighs the terrible movies from both franchises in the 2000's.  Most of my collection is non Marvel/D.C. mainstream, so I'll talk about those books in future blog posts.
Daredevil #168 First Appearance of Elektra (misspelled on cover)


Daredevil #257 Signed and inscribed by Charlie Cox (Netflix' Daredevil) and Jon Bernthal (Netflix' Punisher)

Comments

Popular Posts