Panini National VIP Party

I had an opportunity to go to the 2017 National Sportscard Collecting Convention in Chicago, which was the first National that I could go to.  While I was there, I talked with a couple of the great people that I had met through a card collecting forum, and a few things led to some other things, and I ended up going to the Panini NSCC VIP party.  It was a pretty neat affair, with a bunch of catered food, open bar, and a room full of video games and pop-a-shot mini basketball, and swag.  Lots of swag.  Oh yeah, a bunch of pro athletes as well.  Most people were star-struck by Lonzo Ball, but I really enjoyed talking more with Glen Rice, Latrell Sprewell, and Ladanian Tomlinson. 


Glen Rice was schooling people in pop-a-shot, which was hilarious to watch.  The most gruff was Pete Rose, but he was still pleasant in the few words he would utter between people.  I also thought that Kris Dunn seemed like a really nice guy.  All the athletes wanted to hang out with Tommy the Hitman Hearns and Deion Sanders, it was basically a general lovefest.  In the end, it was a neat shindig, and definitely something that I'd like to make part of my regular rotation in the future if I'm able to make it back to the National.





Comments

Popular Posts