An Exquisite National Experience

I enjoy gambling, and I enjoy opening sportscards boxes.  Maybe that's why I really liked opening the Upper Deck Exquisite Golf release.  I don't really know how many cases of this I've done over the years, but I know that I did three in person at the National Spotscard Collectors Convention in 2017 in Chicago.  I had a great interaction with the Dave & Adam's guys, and ended up buying all three cases they had on display and cracking them right there.  And they were amazing.  I had previously pulled a bunch of Tiger Woods, Michelle Wie, and even an occasional Jordan.  I still haven't pulled Nicklaus or Palmer, but I finally got my Rory McIlroy fix, and in a big way.

Among the three cases was an Rookie Patch Autograph (Commonly referred to as an RPA) which I later had graded out as a BGS 9.5/10, and the real biggie, the Rory "Rors" Nickname 1/1 gold spectrum autograph.  What a sweet card that had been hiding in their warehouse in New York for the past three years.  I've had quite a few big offers on the card, but I like it.  A lot.  I like on card stuff and nicknames.  And I really like good stories.

Comments

Popular Posts