Peoria Spring Training - Part 2


As a general rule, I don't buy snapback hats.  But I have a huge fat head and this sweet Spring Training cap didn't come in fitted.  It's a bit hard to see but the brim has an awesome floral print on the top of it and an embroidered Arizona on the underneath side.  I couldn't resist.  My wife is so cute, she just wore an old school M's hoodie and got a cute spring training shirt and endulged my silly hat fantasies.


The ushers and fans were tremendous.  There were a lot of good baseball people, but also a lot of retirees who knew nothing about baseball and were just there for the entertainment factor.  I think I overheard something at the gate about Peoria residents getting discounted tickets.  Seems like an awesome proposition for such a great annual event.


See, I told you I was a goober.  The outfield grass seems like an awesome place to watch the game from, but we didn't have blankets, and we had reserved seats in the fifth row.  Maybe I'd do it differently in the future, but it seems like there were really no bad options.  It was a beautiful, albeit smaller, park.


Although the Padres beat the M's 6-4, we had a great time.  Fantastic memories and a newfound desire to make it to Arizona in the spring going forward.

Comments

Popular Posts