Topps Transcendent Party 2019 - Mike Trout - Part 3


The swag bags from the Transcendent party were, again, nothing to scoff at.  I got skunked in the door raffle - Hello, Barry Larkin Luminaries redemption (At least it was easy to carry home).  But the swag bags were really incredible.  I was lucky enough to get Hank Aaron as one of my random transcendent autographs, which is fantastic considering he is easily one of my favorite five baseball players of all time.  I sincerely regret not being able to go to the 2018 Transcendent party and meeting the legend there.


Each bag also had a custom-made 2019 VIP party autograph of the guest of honor, which was really well done on the transcendent card stock with a gold frame.


Not to mention the 83 card Mike Trout through the years set, which I have left sealed.  There is also a 1/1 game used patch card of a random year in there somewhere, but I don't intend to ever open this puppy up.  There was also a 10-card NOW! set of Mike's career milestone moments, and a bunch of VIP packs with 1/1's in them, which I also will keep sealed.


Even the hotel room key cards were awesome topps swag.  My wife and I were lucky enough to get Mike Trout (and Aaron Judge) here as well.  Pretty cool bonus.  I also happened to see them doing cards for the industry summit at Talking Stick as well - We stayed there Saturday night but didn't stay for the Topps Industry conference since we had to go back home and back to work.


And the best was the card that Mike signed live for everyone.  I asked for, and was declined by a Topps rep, an inscription :(  I did see that someone got his personal ball signed, which was apparently a no-no but still kind of legendary.  It wasn't up to Mike, I'm sure he would've done whatever.  What a good dude.  I did have to sacrifice the Amed Rosario transcendent toploader to store the Mike Trout signed card, since apparently Topps brought the wrong size toploaders to the dinner, unfortunately.  The Amed made it home unscathed anyway.

All in all, a tremendous experience that I highly recommend.  If they somehow wrangle Junior Griffey, like it is rumored to be, I know competition will be fierce for tickets, but I'm determined to get a couple for my wife and myself.

Comments

Popular Posts