The Newest Cubs Fan

As the story goes, I was born with a cubs hat on my head. I was born in Seattle, so I was also a Mariners fan, kind of by default. But really, I do think that you can inherit your parents passions, and certainly there is a large nurture aspect of fan base osmosis. My wife and I have enjoyed being pet parents to wonderful cats and a dog, but we always dreamed about adding to our family.

Yesterday, May 18, 2019, at about 11:11am, my wife delivered the most beautiful baby boy that I have ever seen. Both she and the baby are doing great and are healthy. My wife was brave, beautiful, and courageous all day and night. I can’t believe how strong she is, and how amazing of a mother she will be. It was love at first sight with our baby. And even though he doesn’t have a Cubs hat on yet, you had better believe the world just gained another Wrigley and USWNT diehard fan.



Tristan Sydney Karlen, born 5/18/19 at 11:11am, 20.5”, 7# 6.2oz.

Comments

Popular Posts