I'm a Sucker for Acetate Reprints - Part 2


I guess this heading is a bit of a misnomer, since these really aren't reprints.  It's a reprint of a style of card, from the famed 1993 Topps Finest All Stars Refractors, one of the first truly desirable insert sets that helped define the modern collecting era and transition from dumpster fire of overproduction of late 80's and early 90's crap.  But Bryce Harper and Mike Trout were barely alive when that insert set came out.  Now they're being represented on an acetate recreation of that insert set with on card autographs.  I LOVE it!


Earlier I talked about the balance between innovation and the tried and true.  It's hard to do the tried and true without stagnation.  I think that Clearly Authentic really hit the nail on the head with its second year offering inserts.  A second reprint set, but these insert set with a throwback theme and modern stars...  A great balance between innovation and "doing what people like."  And I love it :)

Comments

Popular Posts