The Hand of God


I make no amends for my unabashed love of soccer.  I have loved the Panini explosion of soccer content in the collectibles market, especially the high end stuff like Flawless.  It has also brought a ton of signers onto the market in the recent years, and made things like Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, and Pele autographs a lot more affordable and accessible to Joe Schmoe collectors like me.  I was really excited when they started to preview Diego Maradona autographs in upcoming sets.  Some were on card.  Signed directly by the Hand of God.  Hah.


There were also some awesome through the years style cards that were made as well.  Although I lament Paulo Dybala being on the card instead of Messi, how can you really complain.  Batistuta and Maradona are legends and arguably Top 11 of all time, and Dybala is really great, but he's no Messi.  This card happens to be serial numbered #10/xx, which happens to be Maradona's jersey number.  And Messi's as well.  Grrrrr.

Comments

Popular Posts