Allen & Ginter Part 2

As was stated previously, one of the best things about Allen & Ginter is the non-baseball sportscards.  This is well reflected by most group breakers who will group cards by baseball team, then into non-sport, then into non-baseball sport.  These are honestly the cards that appeal to me most, as a fan of all athletes.  I personally would rather have an all-time great in their sport than some flash in the pan musician or model.  You never know whether your Kate Upton autograph will turn into a Jordin Sparks or a Snoop Lion.  What I do know, however, is that Roger Federer and Serena Williams will go down as all-time greats in their sports.




A special note about the Manny Pacquiao.  At the time that I pulled this card, I was still living with my then fiance in Hawaii.  We were getting ready to move to the mainland, and Manny Pacquiao was the biggest name in Boxing.  He's since lost a little luster (and a lot of dollar value), but the card still holds a very special intrinsic value to me.  I pulled it with my wife, and it was exactly what I wanted to pull out of the product.  How rare is it that you actually get the very single card that you were after?  That never happens to me, and hasn't really happened since honestly.  I remember annoying the downstairs neighbors by jumping up and down on the couch when we pulled it.  What a feeling.  There might be something to this card collecting thing after all.  I don't really even like boxing.


Comments

Popular Posts