Astros Home Games - Part 1


Minute Maid Park is a beautiful place to see a game.  It was a ton of fun to go to the games during the World Series run, and I love any excuse to wear obnoxiously bright orange in public.  Especially if its not to avoid getting shot at by hunters.  In fact, I blended right in.  After the flood and devastation, it was really nice for the city to win the World Series, and I was so happy for the true Astros fans.  Of course, I'm still a die hard Cubs and Mariners fan, but I guess if I had my druthers, I'd also support the local guys.  Doesn't hurt that they are a blue-collar, keep out of trouble, group of young superstars.


My wife loves the games too, and even though she doesn't share my love of fluorescent orange, she loves baseball as much as I do.  I think the Astros really did it right, and as much as Sports Illustrated predicted they would win the World Series, they have really served as a model for how to build a program correctly from the inside.  I just wish the Mariners could follow suit.

Comments

Popular Posts