Astros Home Games - Part 2


I guess I went to a lot of Astros games while living in Houston.  Some times, it was just to see the opposition though.  I couldn't pass up the Angels being in town, and a chance to see Mike Trout play.  He didn't disappoint either.  We can only dream that he signs as a free agent with Seattle (huh?) or with the Cubs (who wouldn't want to be a Cubbie??).


There was also this other guy I went to see the next day.  He was just DEALING with low 100's heat and a cutter that looked unhittable.  Shohei Ohtani.  God I wish he was a Mariner or a Cub.  I know he had Tommy John surgery, but he looked amazing on the mound, and his hitting exploits were pretty amazing as well.  I won't go so far as to describe him as the modern day Babe Ruth, but he looked every part the superstar.


I got to go with a good buddy of mine, Raz.  He wasn't much of a baseball fan, but definitely appreciated the leisure time.  And he was a good sport.  I had tickets that I had bought for my family since my parents were coming to visit, but unfortunately we had a death in the family and they couldn't make it.  He came along to keep me company and drink beers in commiseration with me.  He's a tremendous guy and a skillful surgeon to boot.

Comments

Popular Posts