The Magic Art of Terese Nielsen



Plea for Guidance by Terese Nielsen

I really enjoy playing Magic the Gathering.  It combines elements of gambling, strategy, luck, and knowledge.  One of the other neat things about the game is that the art is really, really tremendous.  They've created a huge fantasy world and all the objects that populate that world, and all the art that fills that world.  In general, I think it is fair to say that most of the art is really spectacular, but there are literally hundreds if not thousands of artists who have contributed their work to various cards over the years.  And like all things in life, those artists aren't created equal.  I'd venture to say that I have 4 or 5 favorite artists, some of whom have unfortunately passed on.  But of the active artists, I probably have two favorites.  One, whose work is in this blog post, is Terese Nielsen.

Descendent's Path by Terese Nielsen
So in addition to collecting the awesome cards (both the artwork and the play functionality of the card itself), some of the artists have further monetized their investments and work by selling limited prints of their art on the side.  I'm all for this.  People who create amazing content should be rewarded for that.  I doubt they make a cut of card sales, so to make some extra cash for selling prints seems entirely logical.  Terese Nielsen sells limited (Beautiful) prints on her website, and I have purchased a few and framed them for my office.  It's crazy that original artwork this amazing is pictured on a collectible trading card.  I like to celebrate it by displaying it on the wall.  Check our her website at http://www.tnielsen.com/   She also did the 2018 San Diego Comicon Planeswalker set.  She's incredibly talented!

Secluded Glen by Terese Nielsen

Comments

Popular Posts