Free Agency in the MLB

I'm always curious as to the Free Agency market in the Major Leagues.  I found it very fitting that Bryce Harper left the Washington Nationals for a division rival in the Phillies after 2018, then got to watch on television as his former team won the 2019 World Series.  I know that Bryce is very talented, but he often rubs me the wrong way and I can't say that I didn't smile a lot on the inside at this fact.  And on the outside as well.  And the rest of the world noticed too.



The 2019 MLB Free Agency class was well represented in the World Series, with Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, and Anthony Rendon being among the top of the available guys.  But while these guys may be the current cream of the crop, another young stud may become available one year before his contract comes up for renewal at the beginning of next year.  He's 3 years away from being a UFA (Unrestricted Free Agent), but is a prime candidate for a sign and trade.



Francisco Lindor isn't called Mr. Smile for nothing.  He is one of the most talented batters, who can run and hit for power and average, as well as a magician with the glove.  But he's called Mr. Smile because he's always happy, and that follows him around.  He's beloved by the community, and at only 25 years old, could be the cornerstone for a franchise trying to build around the "right" type of young talent.  In any case, I think Scott Boras is going to make a ton of money this offseason, and I look forward to what will happen next.

Comments

Popular Posts