What is... Jeopardy?

Alex, I'll take the best game show ever for $1000.  I love quiz shows and pub trivia and all things knowledge related, the more esoteric the better.  I loved being a member of the University of Washington College Bowl team, and I still enjoy going to pub quizzes nearly weekly with my wife and our baby.  I'm not nearly as smart or clever as the guys on Jeopardy!, but I still love to watch the show when I have time.  As Mr. Trebek's run winds down, I do wonder if it will ever be the same without him.



As a collector, we are lucky to have several of the members of the all-stars of Jeopardy! appear in card format.  My favorite champions, like many fans of the show, are Ken Jennings and James Holzhauer.  A fun fact - Although Ken has won the most episodes in a row, James have something like 11 of the top 12 single-show earnings ever.  And James is related to one of the guys on the NPR Planet Money Podcast (Shameless plug - Best podcast ever) and has been featured on it for his takes on sports betting (Mattress Mack and the Houston Astros World Series Prop) and Jeopardy!.  I just hope that people appreciate how amazing Trebek is and was, and that the next host can even hold a candle to his legacy.


Comments

Popular Posts