Musicians on Cards

This definitely isn't a new phenomenon, as pop culture icons have been making their way to collectible cardboard for some time.  There are some widely known about valuable ones floating around, as well as a bunch of lesser autographs.  I mean, I pulled this Justin Bieber autograph almost a decade ago and it's gone up and down more than a buoy in a harbor with large tides.



Recently, one of my favorite bands got autographs in 2019 Goodwin.  They did something really neat, though.  In addition to each of the five band members getting individual autograph cards, they made a card for the whole band which they all signed.  All on card.  Awesome.  Even though you can get signed album covers, or CD inserts, or any sort of that stuff, having on card autographs on a collectible card is just the epitome of geekdom for me.  I think they were popular than anticipated, and really were quite expensive for being kind of a "lesser known band."  Now don't tread on me, I'm just the transistor for pop culture at large and I'm not speaking to my own biases at all.  I am quite glad they were popular, and hopefully they could pave the way for future niche bands.  If it had flopped, it truly would have been a beautiful disaster*.




* My favorite 311 Song.

Comments

Popular Posts