Sweetness


As frequent readers know, I love hall of fame rookies and especially rookie reprint autographs.  Sweetness was one of the best to ever play the running back position, and unfortunately he was taken from this world much too soon.  Even as I migrate away from football and more towards baseball as I get a little older, I can still appreciate talent and greatness in other sports.  Walter Payton was an all time great Chicago Bear, and all time great NFL Running Back.  His rookie card is one of the most iconic football cards ever produced.


I have owned many Walter Payton autographs, but this is the one that won't ever leave my collection.  I don't care what the grade is, only slabbed it to protect it.  The signature is perfect, and the card is just so perfect.  It's one of the reasons that I started to collect rookie reprint autographs.  Pure Sweetness.

Comments

Popular Posts