The Intimidator


I don't care at all for Nascar or car racing in general, but I can appreciate athletes who have reached the pinnacle of their career.  I can still remember watching ESPN when Dale Earnhardt Sr. crashed at Daytona and died.  I don't collect racing cards, but I had to pick up a copy of the Intimidator's on card autograph to add to my sports legends collection.  I've had a couple over the years that I received from trades and bigger deals, but this was the first one that I active sought out.  It's really something strange to hold a piece of cardboard that someone has signed on card and has since passed.  It's almost as if they left behind a little something and you're privy to that.  I almost feel bad since I'm not really a racing fan at all, but at least I appreciate his greatness.

Comments

Popular Posts