Weird Buybacks


2017 Topps Archives was a great product that had some sweet Fan Favorites Autographs.  Maybe I just think that because I pulled an Aaron Judge Rookie FFA.  In any case, I think the on card throwback stuff is cool, which is why I love Archives and Heritage.  Archives always does cool throwback and buyback things.  A few years ago it was Stallone I think, and they did the Sandlot and some other cool stuff.  In 2017, they did Gene Hackman superman buyback autographs.

I think this was because Gene Hackman was signing stuff this year for Topps for the Hoosiers autographs that they were producing that year (At least I think that's what he was signing for).  This is one I actually pulled at Three Stars Sportscards in Minnesota.  Sadly, the card isn't really stamped or labeled, serial numbered, or dressed in any other way to indicate what it actually is.  I guess maybe they aren't actually certifying Gene Hackman signed the dang thing?  I guess I wonder why they would insert stuff like this into packs without certifying them.  A cool inclusion, nevertheless, but of limited resale value for sure.  One of my favorite phrases then - Guess it goes straight into the PC!

Comments

Popular Posts