Lamenting the Absence of Press Pass


This will be one of my few posts that talks about college sports as opposed to professional licensed cards.  In general, I really like professional (and licensed!) cards over pretty much anything else.  But ever since Press Pass has gone extinct, I have missed them.  Their customer service was always top notch, and all of their autographs (save the few cuts that they did, which were awesome, by the way) were on card.  And they had a lot of their athletes sign variations, different inks, and inscriptions, which makes for a much cooler experience.


They did some really cool sets when they were winding up their production line that included NBA and NFL greats.  These sets were really well done, and gave me my favorite Detlef Schrempf autographs of all time.  How much better does it get than these old school action photographs, on card autographs, and GO HUSKIES!?  I'll go ahead and say it.  I miss press pass.

Comments

Popular Posts