That Card You Always Wanted Part 2

There were a couple of really dream cards for me in the 1990's when I was growing up.  I was never really into errors, so I didn't want the Billy Ripken "F*** Face" card.  I didn't really like rare base cards at the time, so I didn't want the George Bush Topps card.  I didn't like misprints, so I never really wanted the Frank Thomas No Name on Front.  I didn't really like military parallels so I never wanted a 1991 Desert Shield/Storm/Whatever Chipper Jones rookie.

But what I did REALLY like were autographs.  In a previous post, I waxed poetic about the 1992 Score Mickey Mantle Franchise Autographs.  Well, Score one-upped the Mantle by doing another Mantle set.  But even better, they did a Franchise trio featuring some icons of their teams.  Stan "The Man" Musial, number 6, for the St. Louis Cardinals.  Mickey Mantle, number 7, for the New York Yankees.  Carl Yastrzemski, number 8, for the Boston Red Sox.  All with legendary careers for one team.  Two of them triple crown winners.  Two of team now-deceased.  A triple on card autograph.  Gold ink.  How could you ever hope to beat that?



As a side note, these were calligraphy numbered out of 500.  This copy just happens to be Yastrzemski's jersey number.  Just a little bonus.


Comments

Popular Posts