Open Season for Opening Day

The post that I never intended to make.  The card that I expected to never surface.  This card isn't really even flagship, as it is a parallel in the Topps Opening Day set.  But the picture isn't from opening day, it is from the World Series.  Fans may remember the Bregman bat carry and drop, and certainly they would also know about the Soto response.  Wish I had that much moxie (and skill!) when I was turning 21 years old.  I was more wondering how I could keep from throwing up on my inaugural "21 run."




The card doesn't have perfect corners.  It doesn't have a perfect autograph (grrrr) and it has a sticker on it (grrrrrrrrrrrrr).  But the card is perfect.  The photo makes me smile.  And the thing is numbered to only 10 copies, and it's out of a set that is usually not opened into oblivion.  The hardest thing with tracking down rare parallels from less opened sets is them actually making it to market.  That's why I was willing to shell out some decent cash for a non-mint, streaky sticker autograph for a third year card.  If this card, or something like it is on your bucket list for collecting, I suggest you snatch them up whenever they rear their heads.  It may be a long time before you're able to scratch that itch again.

Comments

Popular Posts