The Fixer and the Upper

 I consider myself marginally handy around the house.  I use power tools on a weekly basis, but couldn't hold a candle to my father in-law with construction.  But I love a good story, especially one with wholesome protagonists.  So needless to say, I absolutely love Chip and Joanna Gaines from the Home and Garden TV show "Fixer Upper."  I did my fellowship at Baylor Medical College in Houston, not Waco, but I have some affinity to the region.  I know that the Gaines' are close with the Baylor University athletics folks.   


Not only do they do incredible work in terms of remodeling and stylistic design, they are just so gosh darn cute with their kids and with each other.  In this day and age of reality TV, I find this severely lacking in most instances.  Not with Chip and Joanna.  Maybe it's just an act for TV.  But I've talked to some people that peripherally know them, and they say their real personalities are just as good as they are portrayed on television.  When their cards were released in 2020 Allen & Ginter, I was all over them.



So were some other people, who must appreciate them as much as I do -- Those dual autographs are very pricey.




Comments

Popular Posts