The Chosen Juan Part 2

Juan Soto has also gone out of his way to try and learn English and to become an engaging superstar.  Who can forget the "Bat Carry" versus the Astros in the 2019 World Series.  And the Soto shuffle, which he has toned down this year and avoided doing much of the crotchal region grabbing.  I was in love with Baseball in the summer of 2001 when Ichiro showed up in Seattle, and I remember grabbing an unknown rookie for the Cardinals for my ESPN fantasy team named Albert Pujols.  He panned out pretty well.




Soto reminds me of a younger, more athletic Albert Pujols.  His zone control reminds of Barry Bonds during his ridiculous OBP and 100+ walk seasons.  And Juan is doing it at age 21 with zero lineup protection.  I know that people are in love in Fernando Tatis and Ronald Acuna, as well as a little less so with the young stars and sons of MLB'ers up in Toronto.  These other guys may be better all around athletes, run faster, and field cleaner, but none of them hold a candle to Juan in the batters box.  For my money, he'd be the first superstar that I would build my team around.



Comments

Popular Posts