A Dram To Remember Part 1

 Full Disclosure - I lived in Scotland for a year during University, and was a loyal member of the "Water of Life Society," which was a fancy name for a huge drinking club.  I love Scotch, I love Peat, and I think that the drink is pretty Neat.  Or with ice or water.  Or in a flask.  Or in the shower.


I also enjoy bourbon, whiskey, and especially rye.  However, scotch will always have my heart, and definitely seems like the most complex of the beverages.  This is also baked into the secondary price and MSRP.  Some bourbon's go for thousands on the secondary market.  Many Scotches go for thousands right from the distillery.  Secondary is baked in.  


Scotch and Bourbon are unique collectibles.  Like unopened wax boxes of cards, their supply only goes down with time.  Unlike cards (or at least for most people), this is a lot tastier.  There is definitely a collectible element to these drinks, but I will try to focus my mini-series on both the taste profile AND the collectability of the bottles as an investment.

Comments

Popular Posts