A Dram To Remember Part 2

 Ardbeg is my ultimate distillery.  Small production given the circumstances.  Products reliably consistent.  Peat is their middle name.  Cult following.  Their production scotches are tremendous, and I would wholeheartedly recommend Ardbeg Ten, Corryvrecken, or Uigeadail to anyone wanted to try an amazing but easily accessible heavily peated scotch.  But these also have these amazing "Committee Releases" that come out every year.  They are limited production, insanely collectible, and usually somehow fancy and different.



In early 2021, the committee release was Arrrrrrrdbeg! to commemorate the retirement of Mickey Heads from the head for the committee and as distillery master.  Yarr.  It was their first Rye finished scotch.  No age statement, but ever so amazing.  I am an unabashed Rye fan as I love the spiciness.  It works amazingly with the peated Ardbeg juice, and this is an absolute crushing win for my palatte.


Comments

Popular Posts